Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Spirit in Graz!

As the Holiday Season approaches, Graz becomes a spectacle of lights, music, food, and is a really good time all around.

This afternoon I went into the city with my camera to try to capture some of the Christmas spirit!

 
This "Platz" (Plaza) is actually fairly discreet; fifty metres away is the main centre plaza.




Yes, that IS a rolled out red carpet. This is a side street in between Hauptplatz and Jakominiplatz; the two major plazas in Graz.


Sunset as you walk up the steep hill to the Clock tower of Graz, possibly the most notable landmark of the city.


The Clock Tower at sunset.



Inside of a ruin converted into an ampitheatre, vendors set up shops selling hot wine, a variety of trinkets, syrups and pastries. It smells like Heaven in there.



Hauptplatz - the annual "Steroid-induced" Christmas tree. Behind it, Congress.


So. many. lights...


He didn't speak English, yet his sign was scripted in such. Maybe English-speaking people are more likely to show some love?



Over the last week, I've had a great time arranging and scoring my version of Black Orpheus. I have to say I love this picture, and have been bragging about my copyist skills for a few days now. That is all done in ink, and although you can find two mistakes in the twenty pages, which I'm really happy about.

As always, any questions, concerns, comments, etc - put them in the comment box below!

Thanks for reading!!

Kyle.

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, You aren't going to believe this but I broke down today and made a google account just so I could comment back to you and say how proud I am of you. We love you son Maja & Faja

    ReplyDelete