Sunday, September 11, 2011

Up On The Mountain

Hey Guys!

Today was a fun day - I went with 10 or so students on a mountain hike in the famed hills of Austria!

We had to take the train a half an hour north to a city called Mixnitz; a nice little village in the hills. From there it was just over an hour to the foot of the mountain to climb; it was over 2500ft tall, and was an amazing climb!

Below are a few pictures of the excursion today - for all of them, you have to check out www.photobucket.com/kylezavitz1


The city Mixnitz -  small town feel; very beautiful!



The hikers! Hot and sweaty the whole way.


Amazing eh? They hollow out logs, and connect a pipe system to a water spring in the hills, which comes up and fills the hollowed out log. No pump - all renewable water pressure! It was cold, clean and fresh water, too!


The standard climbing trail - it took roughly 3 hours from the train station in Mixnitz to the top!


At the top! A celebratory strudel was in order for all of us!

I tried to call my father to wish him a happy birthday up there, but no cell service that high up!

After getting back and showering, I went to an organ concert at the Dom; a large, beautiful catholic church just 15 minutes from my residence. Tonight was a Franz Liszt concert - AMAZING. Austrians know how to spend a Sunday!

So that was my day! Again, check out the rest of the pictures at www.photobucket.com/kylezavitz1

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, I just had coffee with your mom and she put me on to your blog!! I promise not to fill your comment section (though we both know I could!) but I am VERY envious of this experience for you!!! Any pianist's dream!!!! Enjoy! Take a ton of pictures!!! And know that you are being prayed for! And don't forget, when you're "famous", all those hours over here on Townline!!! Embrace your dream!!! Love & prayers, Auntie Japhia :)

    ReplyDelete